1. When did you start watching and why?
Way way back in the mid-1970s, because it was what was on on Saturday nights.
2. What was your first serial/episode?
The first episode I remember watching is the last part of Frontier in Space, broadcast 31 March 1973, particularly the moment when the Master says that he has got some old friends for the Doctor.
3. Which serials/episodes have you seen?
All of One, Two and Three; almost all of Four; most of Five; more than half of Six and Seven; all of Eight, Nine and Ten.
The Daleks' Master Plan; The Mind Robber; The Deadly Assassin; Talons of Weng-Chiang, and basically anything with Leela; Caves of Androzani; Ghost Light; "Dalek"; "The Empty Child" / "The Doctor Dances"; "School Reunion"; "Blink".
4. Are your friends/family interested in the show?
My wife and son are, at least in New Who; my brother is must much into it and my sister shares our nostalgia though to a lesser extent.
5. Which Doctor is your favourite?
Still Four. But One and Nine are not far behind him.
6. Which Doctor is your least favourite?
Three, followed by (in his TV version, rather than audios) Six.
7. Which TV companion is your favourite?
Leela! Leela! Leela! And then Zoë.
8. Which TV companion is your least favourite?
Jo Grant. To a lesser extent, because he hardly counts, Kamelion.
9. Do you listen to the Big Finish audios?
Yes, though I'm still catching up.
9a. If so, which is your favourite?
I really really love "Spare Parts".
9b. Also: which Big Finish companion is your favourite?
All three of the female ones sound excellent in their different ways - Erimem, Charley and Evelyn. (But does Bernice Summerfield count? If so she wins.) (And does Leela count also? Because if so she wins too.)
10. Have you listened to any non-Big Finish audios?
Just the two Barry Letts Pertwee ones, the two semi-canonical Four ones and Slipback.
10a. If so, which is your favourite?
Didn't really care for any of them. The Ghosts of N-Space was the least stupid.
11. Have you read any of the novels or short stories?
Yes, about a dozen original novels and perhaps half as many short story collections, though again am not into them in depth.
11a. Have you written any of the novels or short stories?
11b. Which is your favourite?
Hmm; I've enjoyed the short story collections most.
12. Have you read any of the comics?
Was a regular reader of DWM in the Four and Five eras. Not really since.
12a. You guessed it--which is your favourite?
I love Colin Baker's Age of Chaos as a curiosity. From the old days, I particularly remember the Parkhouse/Gibbons story "The End of the Line".
13. Do you watch any of the spinoffs (e.g. Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures)?
13a. Which is your favourite?
I like them both!
14. Is there any particular episode/book/audio/comic you desperately want to watch/listen to/read?
Looking forward to the Sontarans coming back. Looking forward to hearing "The Kingmaker" as everyone says it is great.
15. Do you write fanfic for Doctor Who?
15a. If so, post a snippet of a work-in-progress (or several)!
16. Do you create Doctor Who icons?
Rarely, and not very imaginatively.
16a. Let's see a sample!
and . And also .
17. Recommend a fanfic/icon/fanvid/fancomic/fancreation!
I love this fanvid based on Mike Oldfield's Moonlight Shadow; and I am a fan of the complete works of Babelcolour, starting with this.
18. Have you been to any Doctor Who conventions?
No, though I’ve done Who panels at general sf cons.
19. Have you ever dressed up as a Doctor Who character?
Not that I am admitting to.
20. Do you own any Doctor Who merchandise?
My wife got me this handy gadget last year, which looks great in the office.
21. Are you a fan of Russell T. Davies?
21a. Steven Moffat?
21b. Paul Cornell?
22. What say you to Season 6b?
Yes - fits in with the general concept of stretching the gap between Planet of Fire and Caves of Androzani to accommodate all the Five/Peri audios!
23. The UNIT dating controversy?
Less excited by this one.
24. The Blinovitch Limitation Effect?
Obviously violated for convenience's sake!
25. Multi-Doctor episodes?
A good idea but often poorly done - Three Doctors! Two Doctors! Dimensions in Time! But I like the others - Five Doctors, Zagreus and Time Crash. (Not so wild about the other Big Finish ones.)
26. What's your favourite Doctor Who technobabble?
From Old Who it is this classic Hartnell phrase. From New Who, it has to be "wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff".
27. Have you watched other TV shows exclusively because of the presence of Doctor Who actors?
28. Have you met any of the actors?
28a. Traveled to any filming locations?
29. What do you think of "The Curse of Fatal Death"?
30. Do you have any fannish opinions that you think are fairly unpopular?
I actually liked most of series 1 of Torchwood! And I can't understand why anyone doesn't completely love The Gunfighters! Plus I don't think Dodo was all that bad!
31. What's your favourite pairing?
Eight/Charley, which is practically canonical, followed by Four/Romana II, followed by Two/Zoë; I'm moderately impressed with Steven/Dodo as well.
32. What pairing(s) won't you touch with a really long pole?
Anything with One, who is clearly not into that sort of thing.