Nick Clegg for Lib Dem Leader: 299
The Nick Clegg Appreciation Society: 97.
Nick Clegg is more of a hottie than David Cameron any day: 24.
Nick Clegg for Lib Dem Leader [duplicate title]: 2.
Chris Huhne This Time: 125.
Im [sic] Backing Chris Huhne for leader: 72.
Steve Webb for Lib Dem Leader: 97.
The Steve Webb Appreciation Society: 82.
Steve Webb for liberal leader: 9.
Charles Kennedy for Prime Minister: 79.
(A satirical group on the same lines): 15.
Bring Back Charles Kennedy: 2.
John Hemming for Lib Dem Leader: 12.
John Hemming for Lib Dem Leader!: 11.
Vince Cable deserves to be Prime Minister: 16.
Donald Kennedy for leader: 8.
NB the following important points:
- Some of these groups may not be entirely serious.
- Many people will be in more than one group (possibly even supporting more than one candidate).
- As far as I can see, there are no declared groups supporting any of the other candidates whose names have been mentioned.
- Charles Kennedy says it is "highly unlikely" that he will stand.
- Vince Cable has ruled himself out.
- Donald Kennedy, Charles Kennedy's two-year-old son, is not eligible.
Myself, I haven't made my mind up yet. I voted for Huhne last time, but the two other likely serious candidates (Clegg and Webb, not Hemming) both seem to me to share his strengths, weaknesses and policy preferences. I'm willing to be educated, of course.