The second half of Volume 3 in this series was devoted to the reminiscences of one of the main characters; Volume Four gives us three backstories about some of the background characters - the Saint of Killers, Arseface and Jesse's redneck relatives Jody and T.C. - altogether more enjoyable than any of the previous volumes, I thought, and in fact I would recommend readers wanting to get to know the series to start with this volume rather than any of the previous three.
Top UnSuggestions for this book:
- White Oleander by Janet Fitch
- My sister's keeper : a novel by Jodi Picoult
- The red tent by Anita Diamant
- The purpose-driven life : what on earth am I here for? by Rick Warren
- The world is flat : a brief history of the twenty-first century by Thomas L. Friedman