- Sun, 12:13: At supermarket for emergency Sunday restock. Me: Thanks, but I don’t need a trolley, I’m just buying a couple of th… https://t.co/W2ow96ecMU
- Sun, 12:55: RT @ChairmanYaffle: @nwbrux Trolley distancing.
- Sun, 12:56: How the alt-right shifted the Overton window https://t.co/5cY1EoE3zn Grim review of what sounds like a fascinating book by @andrewmarantz.
- Sun, 14:15: RT @xtophercook: There are problems with black box big tech and algorithm design. The idea that their automatic scraping is hiding Churchil…
- Sun, 14:48: RT @DrLeeworthy: Identifying yourself with #PaulRobeson in post-war Britain was a political act - that statement shouldn't surprise anyone.…
- Sun, 15:38: RT @Keir_Starmer: What is it going to take for the Prime Minister to finally act? https://t.co/wcy7ascPmB
- Sun, 16:05: Generation X and Trans Lives https://t.co/IuaTJosaR8 Very good commentary from @scalzi -and for once, do read the comments.
- Sun, 16:52: Laatste Schooldag, by Jan Siebelink https://t.co/E7du1QbI8B
- Sun, 18:09: Started Cycle with #cyclemeter at 18:09, on a new route, see https://t.co/3KJza8BLWO, Cyclemeter will speak your replies to me.
- Sun, 18:30: Finished Cycle with #cyclemeter, on a new route, time 20:47, distance 6.68 km, see https://t.co/3KJza8BLWO, average 19.30.
The restaurants opened a week ago and I went for lunch with a colleague:
The Belgian prime minister bilingually posted about her own meal with her (Australian) husband. (More than one of my colleagues looked at the tweet and said they knew the restaurant - I have eaten there too, but only outside which is why I didn't recognise it!)
Vandaag heropent de #horeca! Ik heb ervan geprofiteerd om samen met mijn man iets te gaan eten. Voor wie een sector wil steunen die zwaar geleden heeft is dat de makkelijkste manier, en ook veruit de gezelligste. (📸 Photonews) pic.twitter.com/Qw6YyzZIAk— Sophie Wilmès (@Sophie_Wilmes) June 8, 2020
En ce 8 juin, l’#Horeca rouvre ! Nous avons profité avec mon mari d’un court instant dans la journée pour afficher notre soutien à ce secteur de la manière la plus simple et la plus conviviale possible: en partageant un bon repas. (📸 Photonews) pic.twitter.com/8SH5sT8oc8— Sophie Wilmès (@Sophie_Wilmes) June 8, 2020
Back on 7 April I did a videoblog about our village, ending with the hope that I would sometime soon be able to enjoy a beer at the nearest pub:
Well, last night was the night it happened at last:
Friday will be B's birthday, and we will go and see her for the first time since the lockdown. U will have to wait a bit longer, unfortunately, given her needs and the logistics of continuing restrictions. But the trajectory is upwards.