- Thu, 12:56: Charlotte Bront�'s hair found in ring on Antiques Roadshow, say experts https://t.co/HNt9FmyIj8 Crumbs!
- Thu, 16:05: Technology can't prevent hard border in Ireland if Brexit means customs controls, firms told https://t.co/eg4i4Qrplw Well, strike me pink.
- Thu, 17:11: RT @roisiningle: "The word ‘cis’ is short for ‘cisgender’, the dictionary definition of which is ‘denoting or relating to a person whose se…
- Thu, 18:35: Fanny Hill, by John Cleland, and Candide, by Voltaire https://t.co/cIIcGPU9cC
- Thu, 19:02: RT @JP_Biz: Two important Brexit interventions in NI this week. 1) High profile Nancy Pelosi comments on US-UK trade 2) Lower profile comme…
- Thu, 20:48: Notes on Citizenship https://t.co/ogEGoaN5QG On having two passports.
- Thu, 22:22: RT @chrisgreybrexit: Stewart Jackson on @BBCRadio4 PM just now recalling putting Barnier on a low chair & DD on a high chair at presser to…
- Fri, 07:46: RT @bellinghman: Nicholas and his collection of Colettes @nwbrux @bellinghwoman @yesTHATColette https://t.co/yQeqraA2kP
- Fri, 09:45: TEDxStormont Women 2017 https://t.co/4Mt0DItPbC via @YouTube I did not know @LyraMcKee, but a lot of you did, and… https://t.co/ORzcKdqThO
- Fri, 10:45: Suicide of the Ceasefire Babies https://t.co/RrMLMpq3TK Moving article about death in peacetime in Northern Ireland… https://t.co/bfE7iQ7d8m
Second paragraph of third chapter:
This was perhaps quite a far-sighted move on my father's part, as my new experience would certainly bring me down to earth with a bump and put me squarely face to face with the realities of life and death on a daily basis. My very first well-remembered job was to carry the wrapped body of a three-year-old child, the victim of an accidental drowning in a local canal, to the hospital mortuary.Yet another one of the Doctor Who books rushed out for the 2013 anniversary (in this case a revision and expansion of a 2011 book with a different title), by the actor who played the voice of K9 in both Old and New Who and also in no less than three spinoffs (K9 and Company, the Sarah Jane Adventures, and the Australian K9 series). Leeson's style is a bit twee, rather reminiscent of Arthur Marshall's Myrtlebank; but he writes about some serious subjects, most notably his own struggles with mental health as a teenager - without going into extensive detail, he makes it clear that he had a lot to overcome. Apart from that, he's had an actor's career, done a few conventions, become an expert on food and wine, been a local magistrate; curiously omitted is the fact that he stood in local council elections for the Liberal Democrats in 2002 and 2010 (and did so for a third time in 2018). Much the funniest anecdote is his attendance, at first incognito, at a convention in the USA where he came second in a competition for K9 impressions, before revealing who he actually was. A very quick read. You can get it here.