- Fri, 12:56: RT @green_grainger: So there was a MYSTERY at the library today. A wee old women came in and said "I've a question. Why does page 7 in all…
- Fri, 16:05: Dinosaur Discovered In Scotland Would Have Had Thick Accent, Scientists Confirm https://t.co/FW3wg8x4xr LOL. Probab… https://t.co/ux55eW5fdE
- Fri, 18:49: The Man Who Spoke Snakish, by Andrus Kivir�hk https://t.co/iatzrRCpcn
- Fri, 20:48: Morbid Monday : Kissed to Death https://t.co/8QGimZGYvq Bizarre sexual office politics, New York, 1909.
- Fri, 21:42: RT @peprally: Has anyone else noticed when time travelers grab you buy your shoulders and ask what year it is and you tell them, they don't…
- Sat, 09:52: RT @DanKaszeta: Gloves. The answer you are looking for is gloves. https://t.co/UXkzrJ2AKR
- Sat, 10:45: The Massive Prize Luring Miners to the Stars https://t.co/OMqWiZZIU9 Exploiting asteroids.
Second paragraph of third chapter:
He resisted. At the age of thirty-five he was supposed to be in the prime of his health and at the peak of his power. It was why his grandfather had finally consented to cede leadership to him, why the rest of No Peak accepted that the mantle had passed from the legendary but old and ailing Kaul Seningtun to his grandson. If word got out that the Pillar of the clan was suffering health problems, it would not reflect well on him. Even something as mundane as insomnia might arouse speculation. Was he mentally unstable? Unable to carry his jade? Being perceived as weak could be fatal.I didn't like this as much as I had hoped. It's basically a story about brutal gang warfare in a world where some people are particularly sensitive to jade, which gives them psychic powers; and yet the technology is jarringly similar to that of our 21st-century world, and to be honest I didn't care very much for any of the characters or sympathise with what they were trying to do. If you want to try it, it is here.