- Вс, 15:26: RT @ninews: NewsLetter: MLA probed over use of voting records: A POLITICIAN is under investigation after challenging constit... http://t ...
- Вс, 17:28: October Books 1) The Twilight Streets, by Gary Russell http://j.mp/oXIjcY
- Вс, 17:35: Undue Influence is a corrupt practice http://t.co/kBwGTSu5 More trouble for the UUP, hassling voters who did not vote!
- Вс, 18:03: 18th wedding annversary! #fb (@ Villa San Martino) http://t.co/kvg9BREV
- Пн, 11:43: Enjoying the sun while it lasts. (@ Square Ambiorixsquare) http://t.co/06aWBpWr
In this chapter, the Mongols (or as Gibbon interchangeably calls them, the Moguls/Tartars) rise from Central Asia and make vast conquests to the north, south, east and west. But after the reign of Zingis/Genghis, the Turkes return as the main threat to the Byzantine empire. See also my notes on the global economic system, the Seven Churches of Asia, Gibbon repeating himself, Чингис хаан, religious toleration, Chinese etymology and the Battle of Kosovo.