- The difference between Cameron and Baroness Warsi on the Muslim question is striking. She knows what she is talking about. He doesn’t.
- "Escalating front-line clashes, a spiralling arms race, vitriolic rhetoric and a virtual breakdown in peace talks increase the chance Armenia and Azerbaijan will go back to war over Nagorno-Karabakh, with devastating regional consequences." -> in my own view this is the conflict whose renewed outbreak is easiest to predict for the next couple of years; I hope the international community will actually do something to try and prevent it.
- "He was *trying* to *flirt* with you!" "Well, he wasn't very good at it!"
- Lesbian couple, married in Iowa, denied driving licences in South Dakota.
- Restaurant sues blogger for bad review. (Japanese restaurant suing Lebanese blogger in Kuwait.)
- Eurabia's fundamentally an ideology of revenge ... as well as an ideology of envy. Muslims, imagined by Eurabianists as beings somehow completely resistant to the influences of modernization and post-modernization etc., are imagined as perfect conservatives, retaining the superfecundity of old and maintaining the traditional family. Why them? some ask. Why not us?
- Cinematic analysis of a scene from Time of Angels
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 2-8-2011
i) births and deaths 11 April 1940: birth of Sheila Dunn, who played Blossom Lefavre in The Daleks' Master Plan (First Doctor, 1965), the…
i) births and deaths 10 April 1954: birth of Glen McCoy, writer of Timelash (Sixth Doctor, 1985) and the first writer of colour to write for…
i) births and deaths 9 April 1972: birth of Neve McIntosh, who played both Alaya and Restac in The Hungry Earth / Cold Blood (Eleventh Doctor,…