- If you know anyone who actually reads the Daily Mail, get them to read this.
- "They explained that we, as foreigners, are not allowed to speak with the local population. The more we asked about why that is not allowed, the angrier the police got."
- I was rather impressed by the work of both Hamilton and Brackett when I sampled them recently in the Hartwell / Cramer _Space Opera Renaissance_ anthology. Now we have a chance to read the best of Hamilton for free, I shall gladly take it.
- Don't call Angela, and she won't call you.
- Brilliant piece by Levy, who was on Cambridge University Students Union's executive committee with me many years ago.
- "The total literature of Iceland is under 50,000 books, which is easily scannable in 2 years by 12 people". This proposal is being put forward by the wonderfully named Þorsteinn Hallgrímsson. With a capital Þ.
- What happened to Melissa Mia Hall.
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 2-2-2011
Your Score: The Second Doctor You scored 46% intelligence, 15% compassion, 54% sense of humor, and 17% weirdness! Ah, the comedian!…
My score on The Which Ancient Language Are You Test: Older Futhark (You scored) Language of the Norse, Older Futhark! Thirty…
1. Go into the archives of your LJ. 2. Find your 42nd entry ever. Yes, this may require some counting and basic maths. Deal with it. 3. Link to that…