- "So if you were inclined to illegally download anyone’s book, if you’re one of the people trying to find an illegal download of my brand new book that’s not even in stores yet: please buy it. Or check it out. Or ask for a review copy. "Or please read another book that’s instantly, and legally, available to you so that books continue to be instantly, and legally, available to you. "Thank you."
- "I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" "Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."
- This somehow catches at the heart.
- "While forcefully denouncing Dodik for his talk of independence referendums the international community have been almost utterly silent not only about the anti-Dayton nature of almost every speech made by Silajdzic since before 2000 but also the fact that Dodik’s response has been just that: a response."
- “Obi-Wan never says, ‘I love you, Anakin’. The line is ‘You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!’.”
- "...why don’t people at the 90th percentile of the income distribution feel particularly rich? The answer is simple: because any Americans who are richer than this cohort are so *much* richer."
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 1-13-2011
Tue, 17:06: Advice from a friend who was a postal worker in the UK (sadly no longer with us) about seasonal greeting cards: [this is…
Mon, 18:06: March 2019 books https://t.co/OKHAGAQcO8 Mon, 19:33: RT @ davidtorrance: Exactly 100 years ago today Royal Assent was granted…
Sat, 10:45: RT @ AlderdiceLord: @ AlexKane221b I don’t think the British Govt will sacrifice the welfare of the British economy for the…