- Pia Guerra thinks that the Fifth Doctor is a Volvo.
- Of course, in the days of Facebook it should be done with much shorter sentences.
- "At night comes Mrs. Turner to see us; and there, among other talk, she tells me that Mr. William Pen, who is lately come over from Ireland, is a Quaker again, or some very melancholy thing; that he cares for no company, nor comes into any which is a pleasant thing, after his being abroad so long, and his father such a hypocritical rogue, and at this time an Atheist. "
- Tansy writes about the Fifth Doctor.
- Interview with Deng Alor Kuol, minister of regional cooperation of the government of Southern Sudan; he discusses the future of Abyei; the question of citizenship, after the referendum, which almost certainly will see a vote for separation; and the issue of future reunification.
- "this initiative, like so many others in these technology-obsessed days, promotes a "tech-heavy", expensive and - needless to say - fashionable solution above existing mechanisms that exploit that rather under-utilised, unfashionable and ignored resource, local people"
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 12-31-2010
Fri, 16:26: 7461 Belgians got their first vaccination yesterday, including U and her sister B. https://t.co/gZPYBKuvt2 Fri, 18:14: Friday…
Thu, 12:56: HBO Developing Adaptation Of Roger Zelazny’s Sci-Fi Novel ‘Roadmarks’ https://t.co/m4f9eHX9Lv Brilliant! Thu, 15:28: RT @…
Wed, 12:56: RT @ mrjamesob: More sparkling analysis from @ rafaelbehr, including the observation that, for a succession of Tory leaders,…