- Pia Guerra thinks that the Fifth Doctor is a Volvo.
- Of course, in the days of Facebook it should be done with much shorter sentences.
- "At night comes Mrs. Turner to see us; and there, among other talk, she tells me that Mr. William Pen, who is lately come over from Ireland, is a Quaker again, or some very melancholy thing; that he cares for no company, nor comes into any which is a pleasant thing, after his being abroad so long, and his father such a hypocritical rogue, and at this time an Atheist. "
- Tansy writes about the Fifth Doctor.
- Interview with Deng Alor Kuol, minister of regional cooperation of the government of Southern Sudan; he discusses the future of Abyei; the question of citizenship, after the referendum, which almost certainly will see a vote for separation; and the issue of future reunification.
- "this initiative, like so many others in these technology-obsessed days, promotes a "tech-heavy", expensive and - needless to say - fashionable solution above existing mechanisms that exploit that rather under-utilised, unfashionable and ignored resource, local people"
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 12-31-2010
Current Splinters and the Impolite President, by William Whyte Blake’s 7 Annual 1982 Silver in the Wood, by Emily Tesh Last books finished The…
Current The Crimson Horror, by Mark Gatiss City of Miracles, by Robert Jackson Bennett Groetjes uit Vlaanderen, by Mohamed Ouaamari Last books…
Current Quicksilver, by Neal Stephenson The Unofficial Dr Who Annual 1972, ed. Mark Worgan The Wych Elm, by Tana French John Quincy Adams:…