- Pia Guerra thinks that the Fifth Doctor is a Volvo.
- Of course, in the days of Facebook it should be done with much shorter sentences.
- "At night comes Mrs. Turner to see us; and there, among other talk, she tells me that Mr. William Pen, who is lately come over from Ireland, is a Quaker again, or some very melancholy thing; that he cares for no company, nor comes into any which is a pleasant thing, after his being abroad so long, and his father such a hypocritical rogue, and at this time an Atheist. "
- Tansy writes about the Fifth Doctor.
- Interview with Deng Alor Kuol, minister of regional cooperation of the government of Southern Sudan; he discusses the future of Abyei; the question of citizenship, after the referendum, which almost certainly will see a vote for separation; and the issue of future reunification.
- "this initiative, like so many others in these technology-obsessed days, promotes a "tech-heavy", expensive and - needless to say - fashionable solution above existing mechanisms that exploit that rather under-utilised, unfashionable and ignored resource, local people"
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 12-31-2010
As you know, Bob, I spent a lot of time reading The Decline and Fall of he Roman Empire a few years back, and it certainly made me a Gibbon fan.…
Some Mercy May Be Discovered Metafilter on Boethius, citing me on Gibbon. (tags: gibbon )
It was at the end of August 2009, twenty-eight months ago, that I started to read Gibbon's Decline and Fall, and two weeks ago that I finished…