- Francesc Vendrell - former UN and EU representative in Afghanistan - on what has gone wrong and what can still be done. (I was sitting just to his right as he spoke, but am not in view of the camera at any point)
- One should never laugh at a fourth generation politician just because his name strikes you as slightly funny. But sometimes the temptation is irresistible.
- David Rennie's valedictory, ending with some serious and justified criticism of the European Parliament.
- Fairly general report of how the new intake of MEPs behave. "The Liberals face problems with French and Irish MEPs" - ie Bayrou's lot and Fianna Fáil!
- For the first month of Ricardo and Felicity's affair, they greeted one another at every stolen rendezvous with a kiss--a lengthy, ravenous kiss, Ricardo lapping and sucking at Felicity's mouth as if she were a giant cage-mounted water bottle and he were the world's thirstiest gerbil.
- Western countries' emissions down heavily due to economic crisis, China and India make up the gap though.
- (via Zac) leaving unlocked bikes tagged with GPS devices; if they are stolen, they and the thieves can be tracked down.
Delicious LiveJournal Links for 7-3-2010
Second paragraph of third story ("Einstein and the Doctor", by Jo Cotterill): ‘I can't believe we're going to meet…
Second paragraph of third chapter: Kramer had respectfully offered Lethbridge-Stewart the front passenger seat. She sat in the back with Sally and…
Second paragraph of third chapter: The dull stinging sensation of a numb arm woke Tom Niven. He glanced at his watch. It was still stupid…