Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Cén post atá agam?

What is the Irish for "political consultant"? (If possible implying that the politics in question are international?)


( 4 comments — Leave a comment )
Apr. 12th, 2009 11:13 am (UTC)
I can't speak for Irish, but in Scottish Gaelic it would probably be something derived from 'comhairliche' (counsellor)?
Apr. 12th, 2009 02:00 pm (UTC)


Apr. 12th, 2009 05:03 pm (UTC)
Sainchomhairleoir polaitíochta. I'm tempted to add idirnáisiúnta but I think that second adjective would qualify the noun rather than the first adjective.

"Political" can be translated as either polaitíochta or polaitiúil and I can't quite put my finger on the difference but the former seems to be used more in this sort of context (from checking www.focal.ie, the online terminology dictionary.)

Comhairle = advice, or counsel. Comhairleoir = adviser. Sainchomhairleoir = expert adviser, literally.
Apr. 13th, 2009 06:41 pm (UTC)
I was waiting to get back from Eastercon to reply to this, but I see a family representative has got there before me...
( 4 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month


Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by yoksel