- First Name: Nicholas - definitely not "Nick"!
- Age: 41
- Location: Belgium; work in Brussels, live some 20 km to the east.
- Occupation: I'm an international relations specialist. I work for an organisation that gives diplomatic advice to marginalised actors in international diplomacy.
- Partner?: artw, together since 1990, married since 1993.
- Kids: Three. Here is a rare picture of all three with their mother, taken two years ago. Our oldest no longer lives with us.
- Brothers/Sisters: One of each: wwhyte and scattyme.
- Pets: The tadpoles! Which are growing legs. It's all very exciting.
- List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
- Hoping to hold a garden party, all being well, next Saturday. (You can come if you like, but do let us know.)
- Anticipating small surgical procedure at end of next week.
- Moving to a new office on 1 July.
- Planning the summer holiday in Ireland.
- Where and for what did you go to school for? I translate this as "what did you study in higher education" rather than "what is the point in attending high school". I did a BA in Natural Sciences and an M Phil in History and Philosophy of Science at Clare College, Cambridge; and a Ph D in History of Science at the Queen's University of Belfast.
- Parents: My father died in 1990; my mother still lives in Dublin.
- Who are some of your closest friends?: Well, let's see who comes to the aforementioned garden party next weekend...
This autobiographical meme is going round. Fill it in if you like.
Three spinoff books this evening, one featuring Erimem and two from the Lethbridge-Stewart sequence. Second paragraph of third chapter of Prime…
These are the three books that won the BSFA Award, the James Tiptree Jr (now Otherwise) Award and the Arthur C. Clarke Award in 2004 for work…
Two more of the collection of short Neil Gaiman books which I picked up years ago in a Humble Bundle. Though in fact one of them is mainly by his…