- ATOS declare Richard III fit for work
"The dead monarch, Richard Plantagenet, was called for a reassessment of his fitness for work by ATOS – which carries out disability assessments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) - after it was discovered the deposed King had spent years lying in a Leicester City Council car park doing absolutely nothing."
- Peter Sellers: A Hard Day's Night
...in the style of Lawrence Olivier as Richard III.
- [Elsewhere] The Conservatives on Europe: A Dictionary - Milena Popova
- In five years' time, the Union will be no more
A Scottish Labour supporter on the inevitability of independence.
- How To Ruin Someone's Life For No Good Reason
Billericay Gazette behaving like scum.
- Funny Ex-Yu Album Covers
A sight for sore eyes!
- An Puc ar Buile: I read the news today, oh boy …
"When the Irish people vote for Seán Gallagher for President next week, we’ll be electing the most nakedly unsuitable object of forelock-tugging that we could possibly have representing us at this time." - fortunately this may now be out of date, but a good rant at the time.
- » Toss Productivity Out :zenhabits
The productivity myth, I
- 10 Critical Reasons Why You Should Not Be Productive | Bloom
The productivity myth, II
- Newspapers and dignity | Love and Garbage – some commonplace musings
On gloating over Gaddafi's corpse.
- Guernica / The Driver
- The Wonderful Book of Doctor Who 1965
A fantastic tribute to both the first season of Old Who and the recent "Brilliant Books of Doctor Who" for 2011 and 2012.
- At UN, FIDH Funded by France Declines to Answer on W. Sahara, Haidar
Well-known human rights organisation has some gaps in its coverage...
- DUP can’t push SF too far: Robinson
“it was vital to resolve the other side’s problems as well or they would end up being your problem”.
- BBC News - Cork family parts with Titanic victim's message in a bottle
- "Sealand, HavenCo, and the Rule of Law" by James Grimmelmann
A weird corner of international jurisdiction.